Surf, sun, yoga and fun…what more could you want from a yoga retreat in Mimizan, France?
Rachel Hanberry Yoga and Pura Vida Lodge have teamed up to bring you the best in surfing and yoga this summer with their surf and yoga retreats. Here you will find something for everyone, surfers and yoginis alike. We understand that not everyone wants to surf, or practice yoga so we have created a retreat where you can do either, or both.
Why are we hosting these retreats? For surfers - we know that yoga can improve strength, flexibility and balance in both the mind and the body and so we are offering a retreat to help you to increase your surfing potential through specialised yoga and surf sessions. For yoginis - if you don't want to surf yet are keen to practice yoga in a beautiful setting and enjoy the ocean at your own pace then you are also very welcome on this retreat. You never know, once you have honed your balance you might be tempted to get out there on a board.
Where? We are based on the South West Coast of France in Mimizan Plage, an hour from Bordeaux airport. Easyjet and British Airways fly into Bordeaux from the main UK airports, we will arrange transfers for you to and from the Lodge.
The Lodge is situated in Mimizan Plage, a stone's throw from the ocean, so for the surfers out there you will be tackling the waves of the Atlantic, for the yoginis, there are plenty of beautiful places for us to hold asana classes, from the golden sandy beaches to the forests of Landes, and the tranquil gardens of the Lodge
Who? We have designed this retreat with yogis and surfers in mind, you can either focus on the surf, focus on the yoga, or do both, it is entirely your choice.
Surfers - beginners and advanced looking to go that one step further Yoginis - beginners, intermediate and advanced Surfyogis - all levels! We would like to welcome everyone over the age of 21
How? This retreat is all inclusive -
- Accommodation - you can share in a dorm style room and make new friends or take your own double room (supplement applies)
- Use of the heated pool with sun-deck set in a nice garden
- 8 delicious breakfast buffets
- 6 healthy dinners
- An Electra beach cruiser bike to use all week long
- Wifi from your hammock on your private terrace to the Fatboys in the garden
- 7 nights accommodation
- Transfers to and from the airport (subject to flight times)
- 5 surf lessons with Pura Vida Surf School, fully trained surf instructors
- All surf materials - boards and wetsuits
- 12 Hatha yoga sessions with Rachel our RYT200 Yogini Siromani which include Mediation sessions, Life Coaching sessions, Healthy eating sessions, Introduction to pranayama breathing sessions