Love Actually is All Around
Are you feeling a bit depressed this Christmas? Fed up of the over comsumption, the excess and struggling to find balance or even a little Christmas cheer? I know the feeling. Setting boundaries for myself and then living from a space of love has helped me to distance myself from the mania. Christmas is about giving, love and acceptance. How then you can offer love to yourself and others without succombing to the madness that surrounds the festive season?
Here are some ideas to help you to move into a more loving environment.
- Go through your old clothes in time for the New Year, a clear out feels so good. Donate old things to charity or people in need
- Cook or bake something for someone in your community and take it to them
- Go and volunteer at a homeless shelter
- If you are a yoga teacher offer a free yoga class to the kids in your community to help them deal with the pressure
- Limit your exposure to the madness, you don't need to go out for Christmas drinks every night or shop for presents every free moment
- Set your boundaries and stick to them. If you don't want to go to the Christmas party then don't go. If you do go make sure you have an escape plan
- Go and spend time at a home for the elderly, often they are alone at Christmas and more than happy to talk to people
- Be ruthless with your own self care routine, you need even more than ever at this time of year. Instead of going out for another Christmas drink go for a massage, take a yoga class
- Write out 108 things that you are grateful for by hand and witness the shift in your own energy
- Spend conscious quality time with your loved ones making memories together
When we consiously give to others from a space of selflessness we automatically shift into our heart centred self and we are then less likely to be tempted to over indulge or consume as a means of feeding the lack that we feel within ourselves.
I hope one of these ideas helps you this festive season, sending you love and peace because love actually is all around this Christmas if you create it in your own heart.